tv above radiator

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
hi.... I am installing a new radiator which is larger than my old one in my conservatory, sods law I only thought about the wall mounted tv above it and the extra heat that will be emitted after I had bought the radiator. the tv will be 380mm above the radiator, I can lift the tv another 170mm which will give clearance of 550mm, I could drop the radiator from the standard 150mm from the floor 50mm giving an overall clearance of 600mm. I know this is a long shot but does anyone know if this would be ok
cheers
mickcoulson

Sponsored Links
A wide shelf above rad to deflect the heat away would be more effective than any gap.
thanks for that ...I have come up with an idea of using a fan I took from an old fridge freezer and placing it at the back of the hole 80mm in my garage wall where the power and aerial comes ( the back garage wall and conservatory wall are the same ) I have given it a basic trial and it blows cold air around the back of the tv. I'll try this before moving the tv or putting up a shelf cheers
A wide shelf above rad to deflect the heat away would be more effective than any gap.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back