TV Aerial Overhanging Boundary

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Not sure if this is really the right section for this question but couldnt decide which would be best.

I wish to install an external aerial on my property, the only sensible wall to mount it to, would mean it would be overhanging the boundary.
The edge of the house is right up to the pavement, as a result the aerial would hang over the pavement, this isn't a busy road, with it being a cul de sac, and its pretty damn high up, so I'm sure it would never be a problem, but i'm just wondering where I would stand from a legal POV ?

Any tips?

Thanks

Sponsored Links
What sort of property is it, couldn't you have it in the loft? Or hung from the side of the chimney, inside your boundary?

If you hang it outside your boundary and it falls on someone I could imagine your home insurance flipping a finger and you being liable for compo / injury issues.

Some aerials are quite small and neat, are you based in an area with a strong signal and hence able to use a small unit?

Could the unit be mounted elsewher such as on a 4m pole fixed on the back wall and hence inside your boundaries?

Ive currently got it in the loft and the signal is quite poor, we're in a fairly low signal area.
There is another wall which I could mount the aerial on, however then it would be overhanging the neighbours roof, and would mean needing access onto his roof to install the aerial.
The property is an end terrace, but as we're built on a hill the terrace is stepped, my property being the top one.
There's no chimney to mount to either.
The only other option would be to use a bracket to step the aerial out from the wall to clear sofit, guttering etc.. and mount it on the back wall of the house, however it would look quite unsightly through the bedroom window so I was hoping to avoid this.

Sponsored Links
Ever been to Lancashire?

Every second house is a terrace - like Coronation Street. See how many of them have a sat dish on the front overhanging the pavement.

Precedence set?

If the aerial will overhang next door, have you considered the guano problem?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back