TV AERIEL ON ROOF ADDING ADDITIONAL LEAD FOR OPP SIDE HOUSE

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Firstly that was too long a Subject title for anyone to be able to understand what I really need to know.
Secondly I am in a bungalow and there is no problem getting onto roof.
I have a tv aeriel with lead that goes from the roof down to front of house into front living room. I want to put a tv in the back room.
Now before you start, I cannot take the cable through the wall and will use up most of this post telling you why, so we have to forget that.
Is it correct that the cable going up to the aeriel just plugs in (connects) to the aeriel similar to how it does when it meets the television. I have been told I can purchase an adaptor similar to what you would use indoors and that the existing cable to the aeriel will unplug, I can attach adaptor and then put a fresh piece of cableing and existing one into the adaptor and then take the new cable to whatever room I want. (obviously in a tidy manor). Is this correct. Or is there another method. I have phoned for prices and I think I am being quoted for a new roof as well by the sounds. Any advice as always is welcome. :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Sponsored Links
just did my own aerials........the aerial on the roof has the coax fed into it where the cable is split in two and screwed into their own terminals.

without even going on your roof you can take the end of the coax (nearest your tv) feed it into your attic or eaves..........buy a 3 gang booster box £15 b+q plug your aerial into the booster using a jack plug...you can then take the tv feeds from the booster.... ;)

To answer your question, no, aerial connection is not a plug in, see other post for details.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back