New TV aeriel box ...

JP_

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Note, I am a complete novice with all things electrical, all DIY infact!

I have an aerial in my loft, cheap. Currently it runs down to the living room and bed room. I do not use it in the living room though, as I also have a freesat.

I would like to get a new socket in my office which is next to the bedroom - the joining wall is the one with the aerial in.

Is it simple to use the current bedroom connection to send another cable through the wall into the office? Or do I need a 3rd cable to come down from the aerial in the loft? If so, is this likely to be very tricky?

I live in a Barratts home, so the walls are all pretty flimsy and probably hollow ....

Any suggestions?

Local aeriel firm quoted £200 to put up a new aeriel on the roof and run an extra cable. Maybe overkill for our needs. The bedroom is hardly used really. Just a nice to have. Office will be used more.

Sponsored Links
If the current aerial works, there's no need to replace it. How is the signal split to the existing two TV sets? Splitters are available in 2-way and 4-way (not 3) and obviously a 4-way splitter produces a much weaker signal than a 2-way (think of dividing an apple amongst 4 people) so the answer is "it depends".

You might need an amplifier, dependent on how strong your aerial signal is.
See http://www.The-Cool-Book-shop.co.uk/satellite_freeview.htm#tvpoints

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back