TV and CCTV Distribution

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I wish to distribute TV (Sky and Sky + and/or Freesat, and CCTV to a maximum of 8 TVs.). I have a 8 way LNB and was thing of using the Labgear distribution boxes, so running the 8 co-ax cables from the dish to the distribution point and then 3 or 4 co-ax cables to the TV points. Also two cat 5s. Does this sound like a good approach, and what distribution boxes would anybody recommend? The first fix is still being done on a barn conversion so there is potential to run any cables needed.

Sponsored Links
run 4 cables from the dish to the loft, use a multiswitch / loftbox with inputs for CCTV modulated onto UHF.

Do you want separate 'set top boxes' at each location or one main box and remote control extension?

A bit of both. I was going to have separate boxes in most and remote control to one box in a couple of key rooms, maybe sky multi room in these key rooms.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back