Labgear Hdu614

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi
I want to distribute tv,cctv and sat around the flat.I have run tv /sat cable and cat 5, Cat 5 cable from the cameras and thencat 5 cable fron the each room. All the cables run from and too one position in the loft. The sat receiver will be one position only. Withe use of the labgear HD641 distribution splitter enable me do the job and will the cable set up be suitable.

Sponsored Links
you can send the cctv pictures via a modulator. eg. ezmod as long as your tvs accept an analog signal or use a video splitter via your cat 5 with video baluns to composite inputs on your tvs hope this helps

So the labgear is not useable or ore the ezmod a replacement for the system.
I think the question I should be asking is how to distribute tv, sat and cctv around the house?

the labgear has a cctv input this is used via a modulator which is set as a tv channel like the old vcrs did via the rf out, so you have two choices the above or use your cat 5 via baluns. this is the same set up that i am using at the moment but ive run 2 cat 5 cables per room to make it more flexible in the future.

Sponsored Links
Hi
sorry can you clarify the set up you have. Does the cat5 carry just the cctv or both cctv and Tv.I have very limited knowledge in cat 5, I don't thisnk I also mentioned that I have also run tv.sat cable to each room for the tv.

at moment the cctv goes via a modulator into the tv amp and is veiwed as analog tv channel to 3 tvs and one other tv is fed via the cat 5 with a GENIE CCTV GTP002S balun + phono to bnc into the back of the tv .

Ok Thanks for that. It gives something to work too. First step is to get the tv distribution up.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back