TV Flickering Problem

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have a strange issue with my TV, Whenever i plug a laptop, wii or anything with a transformer in to the living room sockets the tv image goes blank, just for a few seconds.

I have just rewired the house completely, Its an LG lcd tv, high level socket on same circuit.

Has anyone come accross this before??

Sponsored Links
I have just rewired the house completely, Its an LG lcd tv, high level socket on same circuit??

Was this a DIY job and no tests or was it done and an EIC produced ?

What were the test results for the circuit in question ?

Have you tried moving the TV on to another circuit (say via an extension reel with a few plugs on it) and added the laptop, does the problem replicate, thus indicating a whole house issue (or a knackered TV / laptop tranny) ?

or something is swamping the freeview signal for a brief period on connection?

Check the socket you may have a loose connection there.

If not then check the CU for same. Is there any sound from the socket or in the installation like a crackling which might indicate a loose connection.

http://www.sercal-testequipmentsales.co.uk/socket-testers-10-c.asp

One of these and you could plug it into the socket to see if you have a fault. But if you do need to check behind the socket face or in the CU make sure the electricity is switched off and test with something like this

http://www.etoolshop.co.uk/cart/index.php?main_page=index&cPath=3_23

Sponsored Links
no not a diy job. i am a partp registered electrician.

everything tested ok, checked for loose terminals all sockets on circuit.

Dont think its the power supply as it does it with a new laptop as well.

Just wondered if anyone else had seen it before.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back