TV in kitchen

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have a small 19" Freeview TV which I have tried to set up in my kitchen. I only have an indoor aerial as I have no aerial socket, and the picture and sound keep breaking up as I move around the kitchen, and open the fridge, turn on the cooker etc. Is there a way around this problem. If I take it in another room, it's fine. :(

Sponsored Links
I don't actually have an aerial on my main tv. I get my signal from a Virgin box, so an extension lead wouldn't be any good :(

Sponsored Links
Like I said, I don't have an aerial socket in the kitchen. There is one in the lounge but there is no aerial connected to it. I don't have Sky, and there is no roof aerial.

do you have any friends that have free view and an inside aerial if so ask them to borrow it

as indoor aerials are not very good in general you best choice is to pay for a second sky box or a new aerial connected to the kitchen directly or via the front room

although its worth checking with your local tv shop incase theres a new bells and whistles indoor areal available

Again, I don't have Sky, and whilst you say that indoor aerials are not very good in general, I have one that sits behind my main HD TV in the lounge and receives Freeview perfectly, just in case the Virgin signal fails:cool: . There's obviously a problem in the kitchen with so many electrical appliances, but I'll keep trying. Thanks for the help :D

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back