TV Recorder

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Good Morning,
I would be grateful for some advice Please.

My lady friend has a Digital Toshiba with Freeview pre installed. She cannot afford Sky, BT or Virgin (to be honest she did have a virgin box but returned it, trying to keep her expenditure down).

CAN SOMEONE PLEASE advise if can she buy just a TV recorder if so can someone recommend an low cost but reliable make.

I think I have covered the request adequately if not I will try and answer any question asked

Thank you

Sponsored Links
Just buy either a Freeview PVR or if the telly is fairly modern you may be able to plug in a USB thumb drive and use it as a PVR instead. Browse through argos, you'll see the economy models available. If she already has broadband, using a Kodi stick or Google Chromecast Or amzon fire stick might also be options

Nozzle

So long as there is a decent tv aerial you could buy a humax pvr
They allow 2 recordings to be made while watching a third.
More modern ones than mine allow catchup

Sponsored Links
I'm still using my Humax though increasingly we download what we want to watch or use catchup.

I have two cheap TV's both cost £150 the Polaroid from Asdi (32") will record by simply plugging in a hard drive, however programs are not standard program numbers. The 42" Tesco Blaupunkt will play items recorded with Polaroid but will not record. The satellite box will also record by simply plugging in a hard drive.

However a cheap PC can also be used to record, as can a Bluray player (on to hard drive not to bluray) and many other boxes just need a memory stick or hard drive plugging in. So in the main it is the question what else do I want, then get something which will allow you to also record and play back to hard drive.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back