tv screen been shot

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
left my gun in the livingroom and when i was not there my 7 year old son was watching a film with bad guys that he didn't like too much, well you can guess what happened next
the bullet didn't penetrate the screen just sort of ricochet off the corner but the bottom 1/3 of the screen now has lines across it & the bottom corner has turned green has any one ever replaced an lcd screen
Its a sony bravia 42" was hopein to repair rather than replace
thanks for any replies in advance
ps dont worrie the guns in a safe place now

Sponsored Links

Sorry, I still worry that you'd ever leave it where a 7 year old could get to it.

The safe place was in the back of the fire the wife was fizzing & the gun was sizzling it was a plastic pellet gun fireing pea sized plastic balls never thought it would manage to do that

Sorry, I still worry that you'd ever leave it where a 7 year old could get to it.

The safe place was in the back of the fire the wife was fizzing & the gun was sizzling it was a plastic pellet gun firing pea sized plastic balls never thought it would manage to do that
Plastic pellets or not, just imagine getting shot in the eye with that, leaving anything that dangerous near a seven year old is irresponsibility in the extreme, you should be ashamed to call yourself a parent.

Wotan

Sponsored Links
To answer the original question, I think it very unlikely that the screen can be repaired. But guessing is pointless. Take it to a professional repair shop. If you are lucky, they might have a similar model with some uneconomical internal fault that they can rob the screen from.

The safe place was in the back of the fire the wife was fizzing & the gun was sizzling it was a plastic pellet gun firing pea sized plastic balls never thought it would manage to do that
Plastic pellets or not, just imagine getting shot in the eye with that, leaving anything that dangerous near a seven year old is irresponsibility in the extreme, you should be ashamed to call yourself a parent.

Wotan
well on the packet the gun came with it said not sutiable for children under 36 month so recon he must have been at point blank range. pure quality components that stand a knock are a thing of the past.
if its made in china its sure to be crap unless its a toy gun i guess

well on the packet the gun came with it said not sutiable for children under 36 month so recon he must have been at point blank range. pure quality components that stand a knock are a thing of the past.
if its made in china its sure to be crap unless its a toy gun i guess

It's not a knock. It's a fairly high velocity impact. LCDs are fairly fragile, it's their nature. Would you like another 5kg or so of toughened glass in front ruining the viewing angles to prevent it from being damaged by irresponsibility, or will you just lock the projectile weapons away in future?

only just read this.... has anyone informed the old bill yet? :eek:

guns and kids in the same post? and we're supposed to advise? :eek:

phone the bizzies and move away !!!! :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back