tv wont come on

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
my tv is 32" Hitachi and at last it want off and never coming back on :confused: and I heard that could be a dry joint
:cry:

please note 20 your post has been split

Sponsored Links
Gonna need more details, but try the simple stuff first.

Plug it into a different socket
Check the fuse
Is it completely dead, or is, say, the red light on and the remote control won't turn it on. Check the batteries in you remote control

The problem start last year when the tv start going off on its owe and after a beng on the top it would come on and it was doing this every time I was turing it on till couple of nights ago, the tv is completely dead there is no red light or sign of life. I checked its fuse its ok electricity goes in to the tv and that it. Unfortunately I don't know how to use multimeter even tough I bought one and i'm trying to find out how to work with it to see up to where the electricity goes to so I know up to there is ok anybody could direct n right direction as how to work with multimeter? I read the manual to no joy because its a digital multimeter and the digits won't stay! the digits are moving!!! Any idea or help would appreciated. :?:

I think if I was you, I'd replace the TV, if you don't know what you are doing with the multimeter then I absolutely wouldn't recommend messing about with the internals of a TV. TV's are generally a commodity now, i.e when they go wrong, simply chuck and replace.

Sponsored Links
i reluctantly have to say that since you have no idea what you are doing then either get it fixed by some one who does know or get a new tv.

The reasons i say this are i would like to know you are still alive to post on this forum, for example are you aware that inside a tv there are voltages in access of 5,000v, remember this, electricity has no prejudices, it kills any one

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back