Twin and Earth Colours

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Sorry if it's been covered before, but what is the situation regarding using the old red/black T+E?

Is it allowed or not? For example if you are adding a spur in the house, must you buy the new colours or can you use the old stuff if you have a reel of it lying spare?

Thanks!

Sponsored Links
mike++ said:
Is it allowed or not?
Not.

For example if you are adding a spur in the house, must you buy the new colours
Yes. And if the house ends up with both colours, then you must put a label on the CU to that effect.

or can you use the old stuff if you have a reel of it lying spare?
No.

Sponsored Links
Yes, the correct advice must always be given.We would not want to encourage the breaking of regulations/official guidance.

Yes you can use the old cable but you must sleeve the cores in the new colours at every termination and affix the two colours warning label to your CU. Sleeve red as brown and black as blue.

All the best
Dan

If i ask a question on a forum about something that cannot be detected nor proven, will anyone tell on me?

Do I have any old core colours lying around? Not telling! :cool:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back