Twin appliances to sink and half outlet?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi I currently have a washing machine next to my kitchen sink and the waste is connected to the trap as the photo (click to expand)

I want to add a dishwasher next to the washing machine. But how do I add in the waste pipe to the current set up? I can't find a suitable trap/twin connector to add (can't seem to find anything that has twin appliance connectors for a sink and a half)

As it is a 3rd floor flat with a fitted kitchen, I have to go via this waste.

Ta

Sponsored Links
Well that seems like a very simple and perfect solution. Thanks.

A couple of questions: Do they have a one-way valve inside them to prevent sink water from entering the appliance waste pipe? If I fit the waste kit before I am ready to plumb in the dishwasher, do I need to bung a cork in there until everything is connected?

For the cold water inlet, bung on a Y-piece and make sure I have a blanking cap knocking around in case I ever need to disconnect one appliance?

Probably better to swap the current trap for something with twin appliance connections, e.g. http://www.mcalpineplumbing.com/tra...-and-a-half-sink-kit-1071.html?id=102&cat=102

For the water supply I seriously recommend you try and fit a proper valve, e.g. http://www.screwfix.com/p/washing-machine-valve-tee-15mm-x-bsp/60723 The plastic Y pieces aren't very spectacular, (I certainly wouldn't trust one!), and being on the 3rd floor, there's others below you who wont thank your for an impromptu shower, I am sure....

Sponsored Links
Well that seems like a very simple and perfect solution. Thanks.

A couple of questions: Do they have a one-way valve inside them to prevent sink water from entering the appliance waste pipe? If I fit the waste kit before I am ready to plumb in the dishwasher, do I need to bung a cork in there until everything is connected?

Yes, they do have a one-way valve in the body. Best to fit them with the hole on the upper side of pipe so water from the half sink is less likely to reach the one-way valve.

I'd looked at that trap but mistakenly thought that I couldn't use it because the overflow was required on the right part of it. Now I realise that the overflow is part of the piping of the basin outlet, not the trap.

In fact, I think I can simply use the red part of that trap and swap it into my existing trap (presumably, you can't buy the section on its own).

znKB4qB.png

Which seems like a real doddle.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back