Twin coil unvented indirect solar cylinder

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Does connecting both coils on a solar indirect unvented cylinder to the boiler speed up heat recovery ?

Sponsored Links
Cylinder connected to a Potterton 28 boiler flow and return obout one meter away from the cylinder in the same room. There is nothing else connected to the flow and return. The flow to the cylinder is controlled by the switched live boiler link running through the cylinder stat. Simple a combi boiler heating the cylinder and doing nothing else.

You need to look at the heat absorption of each heating coil in the cylinder.

The top of the cylinder might get warmer slightly faster if you only used the lower coil.

The cylinder temperature stat should be set to about 60 C and the boiler flow temperature to about 10 C higher.

Tony

Sponsored Links
What is the setup?
As in why is it just hot water demand no heating. Is it a salon?

Are any outlets connected to the combi hw side?

Are you experiencing problems?
Is the system currently being upgraded?

As I already said the the combi is simple running heating only nothing drawing off on the hot water side.
The system is in a takeaway kitchen.

There is no problem

Will the two coils connected to the boiler give a faster heat recovery than only one? This is the question.

As I already said the the combi is simple running heating only nothing drawing off on the hot water side.
The system is in a takeaway kitchen.

There is no problem

Will the two coils connected to the boiler give a faster heat recovery than only one? This is the question.

What boiler are you using to heat the cylinder

Why do chinese kitchens have such huge Hot water demands, I have seen many combi boilers been installed in chinese takeaways and restaurants and because of the constant HW demand the heat exchangers have been done in within a few years

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back