Twin impeller help

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi there

Having a new shower fitted downstairs and wish to boost the overall water pressure in the house. Have been advised to get a "twin impeller for whole house with 3 bar."

Ok, so not quite sure what this is or how much it will cost.

More importantly the pump as I understand it will go into the airing cupboard next to the hw cylinder.

Hence we need this be as quiet as is possible as the airing cupboard is in a bedroom.

Would someone point me the direct of a 'silent' pump that will suffice my needs?

Many thanks

;)

Sponsored Links
stuart turner or salamander do reliable whole house pump but damed if i would like one stuck in a cupboard next to my bed.
they are not the quietest of things.

A silent Shower Pump??

I'm affraid such an item simply doesn't exist , in fact it's even pretty difficult to establish which brands are noisier than others. I have found Grundfoss to be fairly quiet, Stuart Turner to be very noisy.....

Whatever pump you do go for I can guarantee that you wont be happy with the noise, especially as it is 'whole house'

I would have a word with the 'Boiler guys' they can advice on a an unvented system.

Oh dear, I did fear this might be the case.

Would I better off having a pump installed close to the shower then, and hide behind the wall?

If so what would that be called?

Again, something quiteish would be preferred.

Sponsored Links
I would have a word with the 'Boiler guys' they can advice on a an unvented system.

i don't think she is liable to scrap the idea of a £300 pump for a £3000 unvented system do you ?

I don't know the OP so have no idea, maybe you know more about thje OP than I do.

By the way, do these Shower Pumps come with free fitting?

It would be a lot more than £300 to supply and install a whole house pump.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back