Twin Switch Need Help

27 Jan 2010
Reaction score
United Kingdom
My first post so here goes

I am in the process of opening up kitchen/diner and putting up a stud wall to seperate our living room, on the wall i have taken down was a twin light switch, one originally operated a light at one end of the living room but now does a outside light, the other is a 2 way switch that can operate the living room light from either end.
So the wire that now operates the outside light i am having back to operate the new light in the dining area (as original) so no problem but the other cable i want to remove from the 2 way side of things and connect into one twin switch i.e
I will be left with one twin switch that operates the new dining light and the kitchen light,
What do i need to replace the current single kitchen light switch for the above double and how do i connect both cables to it, i have 2 x red,black & earths.

Hope you can understand and thanks in advance.
Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links