Twists in pipe offsets?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
How do you prevent twists when you offset copper pipe? I must be doing something wrong, but I can't figure out exactly what. The offsets are perfect apart from the slight twist I have to flatten out afterwords. Any help, or ideas please?

Sponsored Links
When you're pulling the 2 bend you don't have the 1st one totally in line to the direction of the 2nd pull, look down the length of the benders to the 1st end to get it in line with the direction of the pull/in line with the guide.
If you think it looks straight and then when it's pulled it's a bit out, you just need to adjust the position of the pipe slightly further over than you think, from the direction of the usual twist, so the next time it pulls straight. You'll eventually get to know where to look down the benders to get it right.

Most plumbers just eye it through on the benders to make sure it's in line or you can put a straight edge against the side of the former aligned with the end of the tube. Make sure the gap between them at the far end is the same as it is at the benders and you'll be spot on

Sponsored Links
Like @Madrab said, if it's twisting by the same amount each time you pull one, then you just have to overcompensate left or right when eyeing up on your benders... Think of it like looking down the barrel of a shotgun - everyone is different and has to train their eye accordingly!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back