two 25 gallon cold tanks

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I want to fit a power shower but I don't have height in the roof space for a 50 gallon tank. Can I fit two 25 gallon tanks instead? If so, how should they be connected?

I was thinking of a single ballcock in the first tank with a 28mm pipe between the bottom of the tanks and taking all feeds from the second tank. Another alternative is a ballcock in each tank then taking hot cylinder feed from one and cold feed from the other with a balance pipe between the tanks.

Sponsored Links
You will get a faster refil if you have a ball valve in each tank.

Tony

The preferred solution seems to be two tanks, two ballcocks. One tank feeds hot water and the other feeds cold. Balance pipe between the tanks to equalise water levels?

If I run the hot tank at 70°C, then that needs cooling by 32°C down to 38°C shower temperature. Coldest water at 5°C needs heating by 33°C up to 38°C. So, pretty close to 50:50 split between hot and cold feeds, which should work well with two cold tanks. A balance pipe wouldn't have to take much flow.

Sponsored Links
I have ordered a coffin tank with byelaw kit. Can I run the warning overflow internally into a tun dish connected to a washing machine drain under the cylinder or even over a shower tray?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back