Two cabinets. Enough support for 2.5M worktop?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Replacing sink, sink cabinet and worktop. The old worktop was about 1.8M long and was mostly resting on the sink cabinet and a 1M baton 'nailed' through to the blockwork behind the dot n dab plasterboard

The new one is 2.5M with an 800mm sink unit at one end and a 300mm unit at the other. There is a slimline dishwasher and a washing machine in between but these have a gap between their tops and the worktop.

Should I run a a baton behind the white goods to take some load? Or will the 300mm unit and 800mm sink unit be sufficient?

The worktop is a 40mm HPL laminate. The 300mm unit has 4 legs, the sink unit 5 legs.

Sponsored Links
Good practice to fit a batten to the wall.

Only fit a baton if you're feeling musical :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

Fit panel between appliances to prevent sag.[In addition to rear battening]

Haha. I was thinking more of a relay race.

The appliances gap is around 105cm so I don't think there will be sag (not tried loading it up yet).

What about a pole or half depth piece of panellingbetween the two appliances, mid point, 30cm from the front? Would not really notice this and it would stop the washing machine from bashing the dishwasher if it ever started to move sideways.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back