Worktop support legs, how many?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have fitted a 2.4m length of 200mm x 38mm laminate worktop with no cabinets below it. I have fitted 3/4" baton all round the edge and screwed it to that. I need some support at the fron ot the worktop but not sure whether to put 1 or 2 legs, if i put 1 then there will be 1.2m gap either side or 800mm gap if i fit 2

Sponsored Links
Should not require leg if fixed securely at that depth , but a single leg will be more than ample, assume it's a breakfast bar?

It's not a breakfast bar, i had my garage converted and used the back 6 ft to add onto the utility room (i lined the wall below the worktop with 18mm chipboard veneered kitchen end panels as this is where my dogs will sleep, stops them damaging the walls and easily wiped clean), so will be no more than 20 kg being laid on there via clothes from tumble dryer etc. Thanks for advice, i nearly bought 2 but will buy 1.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back