Two cold rads downstairs...

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

Sorry for the long post but I've read several threads about cold radiators already and tried the suggestions in those threads but to no avail.....
My problem is I had a faulty motorised valve recently so i drained my system and replaced it.
The first problem came when trying to re-fill the system.....basically it wouldnt!
After many trials and tribulations came to the conclusion that it was a blockage in the T junction of the feed from the F&E tank. So, cut the pipe work....replaced the T and that solved that.... the system then began to fill properly.
My latest problem is when i run the CH, two of the downstairs rads are not heating up....
I've bled all the rads several times and opened the bleed valve above the pump and am sure it is not air causing this.
I tried turning off the upstairs rads to force the hot water/pressure to the downstairs rads and that worked for one of them, but i still have two cold ones...... I think part of the problem is the TRV's on some of my rads are faulty as even turned off, the rads are warm.....so i guess this means the hot water in the system is not being forced to the downstairs rads as much as it would if the upstairs ones were completely off?

Short of draining the system again and replacing all the faulty TRV's.... is there something else i can try?
Can i open the bleed valve on one of the cold rads and run the cold water out of it?.....would that force it to fill with the hot water from the rest of the system? (making sure of course that the F&E tank is correctly filling the system from the top as i do take water out)

Any and all suggestions would be appreciated!....ps my pump is set to '3' so think the pump pressure is fine.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back