Two Combi-boiler questions.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Planning to extend my house but would like the answer to the two questions below if possible.

1) How can I work out whether my boiler will be able to cope with the total number of radiators once the extension is complete?

The boiler is currently in the loft on an external wall, once the extension is built this will no longer be an external wall, but will be an internal wall between the new loft and the existing loft.

2) Will it be possible to vent the boiler to the new outside wall without moving it, via some form of pipe work, or does the boiler have to be moved and fixed against an external wall?

Any help you can offer will be gratefully recieved.

James.

Sponsored Links
Until you tell the exact model of boiler you have now then we are totally unable to guess at anything!!!

Tony

in-one said:
1) How can I work out whether my boiler will be able to cope with the total number of radiators once the extension is complete?

You need to work out the total heat output of all of the radiators in the house (included the proposed in extension), these can be found on the websites of the the rad manufacturers, then add on any hot water requirements e.g baths/showers and compare this total figure against the Kilowatt output of your boiler. If you had say a kitchen, a utility, one bathroom and one en-suite for instance, the Kw required for hot water would be 2.5kw for your kitchen/utility and 1st bath, then 1kw for extra baths and 500Watts for extra showers.
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
in-one wrote:
Will it be possible to vent the boiler to the new outside wall without moving it, via some form of pipe work, or does the boiler have to be moved and fixed against an external wall?

Depending on the make/model of the boiler it may be possible to fit a vertical flue kit, keep the boiler where it is and flue out through the roof.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back