Two hard drives

H

holmslaw

Thinking of fitting an addditional hard drive in my desktop for my music files that I listen to via a mp101 media server.

Question, if the mp101 was playing, would I be able to use the other hard drive at the same time.

Sponsored Links
if you mean would your pc be able to use the primary hard drive while the mp101 uses the second hard drive to access your music files then yes that would be no problem

Yep, modern pc's can use multiple drives simultaneously. MP3 playing uses almost no throughput so it wouldn't impact on other stuff you're doing on the same drive either.

Also - USB drives are very affordable and give some flexibility if you need it. If you get a 2.5" drive they often run from the usb power socket and don't need a mains adapter either. Downside: slower than an internal drive and a tad more expensive.

In both cases, if you're going to be sharing the drive via windows networking / smb for the media server, either works - or just use a folder on your existing drive if you've got space. You don't *need* a dedicated drive to share files to another device.

Sponsored Links
Question, if the mp101 was playing, would I be able to use the other hard drive at the same time.

Of course. What is this, the 1980s? ;)

Do you know everything about everything or are you know nothing knowall.

I know a lot about a few things and some about other things. This is one of the subjects I'm very well versed in.

Are you rude and unpleasant to everyone, or just people who know more about subjects than you?

Are you rude and unpleasant to everyone, or just people who know more about subjects than you?

Ignorant knowalls make me rude and unpleasant. You could have avoided all this by keeping your stupid comments to yourself.

Sponsored Links
Back