Two pole pull switch?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Anyone know of a supplier of two pole pull switches?

Im adding a bathroom extractor fan to deal with moisture from the shower but rather than wire it to the main pull switch plan to install a second pull switch (in a shorter string or something) so the fan doesnt kick in when someone is just nipping to the loo in the middle of the night. If that switch where double pole the second pole could turn the lights on, so one pull did lights only, the other did lights and fan. Assuming knowone else has any genius ideas of how to do it better!

Daniel

Sponsored Links
My parents do exactly that, with the short & long string.

Just buy two and put them next to each other.

My parents do exactly that, with the short & long string.

Just buy two and put them next to each other.

Done some more digging and found one on TLC
- Ive only ever seen single pole (1 or 2way) pull switches and first look found the same, bar the huge 45amp shower isolation switches.
- But the second switch needs to be 2 pole so it switches on both the fan and the lights, without hard wiring the fan to the lights, which would cause them both to come on if either switch where switched.

http://www.tlc-direct.co.uk/Products/MK3151.html

Sponsored Links
Im adding a bathroom extractor fan to deal with moisture from the shower but rather than wire it to the main pull switch plan to install a second pull switch (in a shorter string or something) so the fan doesnt kick in when someone is just nipping to the loo in the middle of the night.
Other options:

Humidistat fan

Fan operation triggered by shower use - via it's switch if there is electricity involved, or via a flow switch in the water supply to it.

Why don't you just install an isolator to turn the fan off?
Because then you would have to turn it on/off every morning, ontop of turning on the lights.

Humidistat fan

Fan operation triggered by shower use - via a flow switch in the water supply to it.
I did consider a humidistat but the general consensus was that they are not as good as they could be.

Shower supply comes from a bath mounted therostatic mixer, so I would need to get wires from under the floor/bath up to the ceiling rather than just wire into the ceiling.

Daniel

If that switch where double pole the second pole could turn the lights on, so one pull did lights only, the other did lights and fan.

So, you want two pullcord switches, one just operating the light(s) and the other operating both light(s) and fan together?

If that switch where double pole the second pole could turn the lights on, so one pull did lights only, the other did lights and fan.

So, you want two pullcord switches, one just operating the light(s) and the other operating both light(s) and fan together?
Eggfrazactly

Just needed to find a supplier a double pole switch.

Daniel

http://www.tlc-direct.co.uk/Products/MK3151.html
If you want a double pole pullcord that isn't a shower switch this 15A MK one is the only one i'm aware of.

Having said that you can achive what you want with ordinary two-way pullcords.

Incoming Live to L1 of both pullcords.
COM of light+fan pullcord to fan and L2 of light only pullcord.
COM of light only pullcord to light.

Having said that you can achive what you want with ordinary two-way pullcords.

Incoming Live to L1 of both pullcords.
COM of light+fan pullcord to fan and L2 of light only pullcord.
COM of light only pullcord to light.

That, is quite simply genius! And ofcause, does exactly what I want and need it to.

Thankyou very much.

Daniel

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back