Two radiators not getting hot

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Two radiators on my heating system. I believe the last two, are not getting hot.

There was previously a lot of air in the system which I removed. The boiler pressure is at 1.5bar, should I increase this?

I closed both valves on all the working radiators and still no luck!

Sponsored Links
Leave it @ 1.5bar.

Firstly it needs investigation by removing the flow and return pipes and testing the flow/return for blockages. Can the pipework be exposed and checked for correctness?

What size is the pipework?

Sponsored Links
There does appear to be inadequate flow.

The pipes are 15mm except for the first 50cm or so from/to the boiler where they are 22mm.

I had my thermostat changed to a Nest thermostat a few months back. Could that have been a factor?

Cannot really expose all pipework but the pipework down from the boiler in the loft are fully exposed.

Also I removed the only radiator in the loft. Were simple tees from the flow and return pipes. I cut its pipes as as close to the tee as possible and put blanking nuts. Wudve thought would improve flow if anything.

I assume the supply to the radiator in the loft stopped at that radiator?

How old is the boiler?

Yes, I’ve solved it. Boiler is 3 years old. I did a boiler reset. And then instead of closing the three working radiators completely off, I left then one quarter turn open. They still get very hot but enough heat now gets to the remaining two. For some reason turning them off stops the flow for whole system. This will be annoying if someone wants their radiator off. Could there still be an underlying issue?

Wow, you shouldn't have any issue feeding 5 rads with a 3yr old boiler unless they're like 60 meters apart. Sounds like there's a flow issue somewhere. Needs investigated.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back