Two red gate valves in garage, no hot water

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I've moved into a house with two red gate valves in the garage (see photo). The stopcock is open and cold water runs fine. No hot water, though. I've tried opening both of the gate valves, but there's still no hot water out of the tap (if I open the lever valve on the washing machine pipe for hot water, I sometimes get a slight trickle).

Any suggestions? The owner had a plumber sort things in the garage just before I moved in, so I'm sure I'm missing something daft. The older/lower gate valve doesn't move much, but I don't want to brute force things and bust something...

Attachments

• IMG_20190314_191205.jpg
    IMG_20190314_191205.jpg
    391.4 KB · Views: 189
Sponsored Links
is there a hot water cylinder?

what colour?

Thanks. I'll have to check tomorrow (not moved in yet) but think the hot water is coming from the house - where there's a gas boiler. Or, at least, is meant to be!

do you mean the garage is not attached to the house? do taps in the house work?

Sponsored Links
Tightening the nut on the gate valve seems to have fixed it. Thanks for the replies!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back