two showers off 1 pump

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, can i use 1 pump to operate 2 showers, i have fitted a new bathroom and would like to install a shower, due to hard water area i have been advised not to install an electric shower. i have a pump working my en suite power shower, can i tap into this to run another shower in an other bathroom

Sponsored Links
hi what pump do you have at present? It will be perfectly fine to use one at a time either way. Whether it will work both at the same time is dependant upon the size of you storage tank and the size of the pump itself.

Shouldnt pose a problem tho tbh

Hi looneyfitter,

Thanks for the quick response, i will check pump size and make and get back to you

A 2bar or higher pump will suffice, but as Looney mentioned, if your HWS cylinder is of a small capacity, your hot water won't last long. :D

Sponsored Links
no probs, the size of your cylinder will only come into effect if you use the 2 showers at the same time. The same goes for your header (STORAGE TANK)

Heat recovery comes into effect nearly straight away, running two showers at the same time. Water capacity comes into effect if the amount of water being used isn't replaced in the CWS cistern. Sorry Looney, if I'm being pedantic :D

Heat recovery comes into effect nearly straight away, running two showers at the same time. Water capacity comes into effect if the amount of water being used isn't replaced in the CWS cistern. Sorry Looney, if I'm being pedantic :D

no probs think were on the same lines....lol

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back