Two smaller combies instead of a larger one?

Would you ask the question about me and then we will see what the answers are?

If you dont ask that question then when I have time I could ask the same question about you!

Tony

Sponsored Links
Joining the two DHW outlets is easy. Two check valves and a shock arrestor. A great selling point for the house.

I would check this with the makers before embarking on this fit. Some do not recomend this type of setup.

None on paper say do not do it. The techies on the phone do not like it as they do not want many calls if someone screws it up. There is no reason why two will not work just for baths, as it is high flow.

They do not like all the house DHW on two combis. A tap just opened slightly with a dribble coming out, as it may cause problems if two come in, then they will cut in and out.

Worcester-Bosch sent me a diagram on how to connect up the DHW on two combis.

I saw two Ferrolis connected up in France working brilliantly. I rang them up in the UK and they emphatically said "no". I asked why and they could not give a reason why. Initially the man said back flow from one to the other. I explained two check vales will be there so this will not happen. They just said "no" without a valid reason. It was clear they just don't want people to do it because many will screw it up. Only have the high flow bath taps connected up together (not one with shower off it) and all is fine.

Two combi's is the favoured choice
A solution our unknowledgeable plumbers did not voice
The combi's shower all for ever more
With no large cylinders in which to store
Unvented cylinders cost a pretty penny
The two combi's cost hardly any

Experience of these matters for them is slight
Taking notice of them the silly they might.

Cheap showers are there for ever more
By using two combi's, not a cylinder water store.

George, is it possible to purchase an anthology of your literary masterpieces?

Sponsored Links
This is largely down to personal preference. As you clearly like the idea of two combis, go for it. Fit both with built-in weather compensation, and you will have a simpler and cheaper installation, and the lowest possible running costs.

I am sorry to see the abusive posts continuing!

As they might say in First Encounters "you are not alone".

The only significant problem with pairing two combi outputs is to balance the DHW flows so that both boilers turn on at the same flow rate.

Even so that will mean that the minimum flow rate to turn on the two combis will be about 4-5 li/min which is more than the typical flow from a kitchen tap and certainly more than would usually be used at a WC basin.

It is possible to use several non return valves so that each boiler services dedicated outlets and is only combined at baths.

Tony

You can spot Walters non de plumes straight away. He mentions ATAG and Intergas boilers, all the time. Never mentions any other make (unless he's rubbishing them) ;) ;) ;)

Well spotted Agile. ;) ;) ;)

[

Worcester-Bosch sent me a diagram on how to connect up the DHW on two combis.

He had to ask them because he did not know how to do it as he has never fitted a boiler in his life.

In fact he considers boiler installers are low life!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back