Two Trv valved

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have just had a leak on a radiator on the locksheid valve. I never had one spare but had a trv. I have put that on without the head but left the dial fully open. Will this interfere in the running of my central heating or will it act lick a standard locksheild as it has got the trv head on ?

Sponsored Links
A lockshild valve is used to balance the heating system. If you have a thurmo without the head, it would be like having a fully open lockshild.
So it depends on how sensitive your system is. If you only have a 7 or so rads I would not worry. But if other rads start to struggle you better swap it for a lockshild.
Bb1

Ok.
A lockshild valve is used to balance the heating system. If you have a thurmo without the head, it would be like having a fully open lockshild.
So it depends on how sensitive your system is. If you only have a 7 or so rads I would not worry. But if other rads start to struggle you better swap it for a lockshild.
Bb1

ok its on one of the furthest radiators which needs the locksheild fully open so I guess it will be ok.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back