Two way lighting

kendor said:
sorry what i meant to say was mind your own business!

Your going to fit in here lovely.........

If you are willing to answer questions in a forum where a majority of us a installers / inspectors / designers etc you must be prepared to accept a little critism........I think we all have. Any-hoos welcome to the electrical DIYers nightmare....... ;)

Sponsored Links
I see you buddys stick together (must be in love)and insult everyone you think are beneath you
My reply didn't involve you and neither did it warrant your abuse
In so far as reaction you were the ones that reacted so strongly to something that wasn't even directed your way so hence the Butt out statement!
Hopefully this draws this to an end although i dought if the kiddies on here will let it drop.

Kendor, it is nothing personal, its just that you replied to a post that was 17 months old, had you not replied to an old post you would not have had the replies you have now.

It happens ocasionaly that people reply to very old posts, they too are reminded to check the date of the post, as it is pointless replying to a very old post since the poster has either left us, or got the question resolved.

may i remind you i said

I shall explain.

if you look at origonal post it shows

Shaun007

so that means not only is the post very old, Shaun007 only ever made 2 posts (both in same thread) which means he wont be back, which in turn means you had to find the post in order for you to reply to it,which was a total waste of time, but hopefully you will have learnt from this post to always read how old a post is before you reply.

if you think i'm not going to react to someone trying to condecend me then you are mistaken and if you read my replies you'd understand why i reacted, as i stated before, my reply was to the original author, why you had to jump in and start criticising me when i was only trying to help is beyond me and take that attitude towards someone who has just joined the forum is outrageous, I'll repeat are you hurt by the fact that someone else has comments to make? does it feel like you're being knocked off your pedestal somewhat in the eyes of others on this forum because someone else happens to answer the questions? did I give false Information? no! so why pick up on it?
If i've taken some of your glory away tough!
Angry? no believe me you wouldn't want to read my reply if i was :LOL:
To answer il78, The issue isn't over criticism about technical answers if it was and i had made a mistake i would hold my hands up and agree but im not impressed by the attitude of some on this forum when they reply to obviously unqualified people who are only looking for advice, i treat others respectfully and if their question is ambiguos I try to answer to the best of my knowledge or I'd ask for more information but i wouldn't insult them by lording over them like some here do.
So would you like it if others gave criticism when you were only trying to help others? some of the answers posted i feel are ambiguos the original author reply that they are none the wiser and from reading the replies i can understand therefore i felt i needed to add my reply i didn't expect so many others to have a go at me simply because i happened to say something, I'm sure we are all professionals , just wish they'd act like it.
Knowledge isn't for the sole benefit of individuals to only use as they see fit, I have seen people from experience get confused with diagrams so i felt a step by step instruction may help and it's up to the author to say whether it does or doesn't don't you think?

Sponsored Links
you are not listening to what i am saying, i am only pointing out that to post to a reply that is that old is a waste of your time, since origonal poster is no longer here, as denoted by number of posts / date posted that person made

you are the one draging it out, others who have made a similar mistake to you simply post a :oops: then no more is said

you could have also used the diagrams provided in the "sticky post" as that is what they are for, but you obviously like to waste your time.

I have nothing to gain or loose by debating with you the choice is yours, i merely stated a fact

no waste of time for me i'm on down time when i reply gives me something to do,most others would probably do the :oops: but perhaps they wern't hit on as hard as some did to me here and thats what i objected to.

In what possible way have you been "hit on hard"??

All that anybody has done is to ask you why you replied to an ancient post, and tried to explain why it's not a good idea.

You're the one firing back comments like "what's it to do with you", and "mind your own business", at the same time as claiming we are insulting you, and you treat others respectfully......

I must agree with ban here.

Regardless of our differences of opinion on electrical installation practices(and everyone is entitled to their opinion), it is not on to get personal. Politeness and civility is the key to a good forum.

It's nothing to do with taking away people's glory. Everyone here has a good point to make, and one of the reasons it is so successful is because you get opinions and information from a wide range of people associated with the electrical trade. Two heads is better than one. It is very rare for there to be a "stag fight".

Statements like "see you buddys stick together (must be in love)" is a purile, immature schoolboy comment that shows you cannot accept crticism, which in a forum like this will happen from time to time, especially when incorrect, misleading or dangerous information or advice is posted.

In cases like this, you will find the pro's are quite rightly very quick to knock back any info or advice that is for whatever reason wrong.

You have to learn from your mistakes and take criticism on the chin.

All part of life's rich tapestry.

securespark said:
..Statements like "see you buddys stick together (must be in love)" is a purile, immature schoolboy comment that shows you cannot accept crticism, which in a forum like this will happen from time to time, especially when incorrect, misleading or dangerous information or advice is posted..
Ironically, what he said about the wiring of a two-way switch was none of these.

But as you say, sooner or later he'll come a cropper technical-wise, and if he reacts like he did just because we said "hang on a minute, why are you dragging up posts that are years old", it'll be interesting to see how he copes with that. If he ever returns, of course....

I agree, ban, but he HAS made some crazy comments elsewhere.

Have we seen the last of him, or indeed her??

was mainly curiousity that prompted my second question, but it does also have something to do with me, and every other reader of the forum, in that it pointlessly dragged that old dead topic back into the current ones.

Whats the harm in bringing up an old thread? there are many newcomers to the forum and lots of problems do occur all the time( 2 way switching is a classic), having these posts reoccur saves a newcomer or even someone whose been on the forum a while to remind them having to wade through previous posts first before asking a question.

That's why there's that sticky "for reference" topic always at the top of the list..

Ban , you mention the "for reference" sticky note, I don't see it, I see the original post from shaun 007 and that was what i was replying to, much to the disgust of yourself, but i thought i was only trying to help someone, usually with the forums i follow, the latest post if replied to goes to the top so naturally it and the folowing replies will be answered.

Does this forum not work in this way?

I am sorry kendor, but to quote yourself sticky note, I don't see it you must be blind, or pre ocupied or something the sticky note is at the top of the electrics forum.here see for your self, oh, sorry i forgot you can't

I'm beginning to think you are not human but one of those computer insult machines that generate rude or sarky comments all the time!

I see your link to the for reference which redirects you to another page elsewhere, but don't see any" for reference" on the two pages of posts i was looking at regarding shaun's post and the following replies?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back