Two Way Switch For Downlighters

P

person

The house currently has a feed and neutral going to the one way switch then a switch and neutral going to the first downlighter, now the person wants a two way switch added. I ran a 3-core to a two way switch, changed the one way switch to a two way switch and connected them in but must not have them connected properly as it ain't working, anybody point me in the right direction please?! The connections on each switch are common, L1, L2. Thanks in advance :D

Sponsored Links
It's a bit of a cack drawing :oops: but you get the idea:

2way.jpg

Sponsored Links
Is somebody actually going to pay for you to learn how to wire up a simple 2-way lighting circuit.

I hope they aren't paying you by the hour :!:

Is somebody actually going to pay for you to learn how to wire up a simple 2-way lighting circuit.
Apparently they are, although I suspect they don't know it.

I hope they aren't paying you by the hour :!:
They shouldn't be paying him at all, in that he should not be having the cheek to be touting his inadequate services.

I was going to add "yet" to that, but looking at his history of posts I see someone making such slow learning progress that I doubt he'll ever make a competent electrician.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back