TYPE B / TYPE C MCB'S

Scoby_Beasley said:
masona said:
Scoby_Beasley said:
Glad to see our wylex is on your list
Are you sure you hic read that hic right?

First 2 letter wy could be reading vo,wait 'til you soder up and have a another look :confused: If it is a volex,get rid of it :LOL:
Nah read it right
Now where did I hide the vodka ??

Sponsored Links
gfdsrt6454e7jbn gsdfyt67 rttyggnhv fdftyfggcf rytrt6575 t45r675ry54 sdfdstgrt77 te56yy6
Stevie Wonder discovers text messaging

Scoby_Beasley said:
Sadams first words on being "discovered"
" Did I beat David Blaine ?"
first thing he did when e went on the run was to discuise imself as bin larden

Sponsored Links
ROBOROB said:
........ I saw one in screwfix complete with type b mcb's for £59.99 which looked like a good buy, but I wanted to ensure it was suitable for the intended use. what do you think?....
Have you noticed that that's about half the price of what an equivalent MK would cost?

There's a reason for that...

yes. masona, it was that one (ref.80224)

presumably it will still do the job, even if various people have other favourite manufacturers they would rather use.
What's wrong with it? Is it build quality?

No one has said its not suitable :confused:

ROBOROB said:
No one has said its not suitable :confused:
I can't answer that as I'm not a electrician but reading between the line I think you get what you pay for,as you say no one said its not suitable but wait a bit,hopefully more opinions will come your way :!:

I have got MK going throughout my house, either Logic Plus or various finishes of Edge. Top quality stuff but to be honest I think their board's are crap. If you want a standard domestic board I would reccommend Wylex over any other. If you want a decent board, cost no object, go for Merlin Gerin Isobar 4 or MEM Memshield 2. Wylex boards are often on offer in the wholesalers, have a look around. I bought a few 6/6 split Wylex boards complete with breakers (incidentally type B's are fine for your application) for £55 each from WF a few months back; have a look round the wholesalers. There are lots of boards I don't like (including Hager!) but the only one I would say avoid at all costs is Proteus, I've never used Volex but as mentioned already it's probably pretty poor quality.

You may think that quality doesn't matter but when you try to use a knock out and end up with a death crack across the board, or tighten up a breaker that cracks, or tighten up a neutral or earth in the bar and head snaps off the screw you'll think otherwise... :!: And what about when you need to add a circuit in a few years and can no longer get the breakers :?:

Everyone will have different views when it comes to boards, but because I do mostly industrial work I like solid boards that can take some abuse and things actually tighten up without twisting or breaking. Of the domestic boards I've used I've found the Wylex to be better than any other.

Hi, can any one tell me.

There are so many flipping MCB's out there, are they all the same size :eek: . as in, do they fit all boxes.

Thanks

jp

No, you need to buy the correct MCB to fit your consumer unit as their dimensions differ.

Thanks for that Spark123.

Ok people! i'm in need of help... Does any one know where i can find Proteus :oops: MCB's, co's iv never heard of them.

Any help would be awesome.

Thanks

jP

Thanks Sparks123, your a bit of a daddy at this game..
thanks again.

Does any one know where i can get a 60A single phase MCB from. It doesn't look like there made :cry: . This would be used on heavy dimming lighting circuits.

thanks

jP

Are you talking theatre?
The nearest one will be a 63A although I don't believe these to be available for a domestic board.

Spark123 said:
Are you talking theatre?
The nearest one will be a 63A although I don't believe these to be available for a domestic board.

They are available for Hager consumer units, I suppose you could put a hager breaker in a defferent make consumer unit, but I certainly *wouldn't* recommend it, for a start the fact that only hager produce a 63A breaker for their CUs would seem to suggest that only hager CUs can pass 63A through one fuseway, not to mention all the usual concerns about mix and match not being tested together...

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back