Type of Central Heating System

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all

We are due to move house in a few weeks to a nearly new house (2 yrs). When we looked around the owner explained that the central heating system wa slightly different to the norm. This is what he said:

With the house being a large 5 bedroom, 5 bathroom house it had a system installed which has a normal boiler located in the utility room but also he says it has a hot water tank with a second integrated boiler!!

I have search the net but am stuggling to find anything explaining how these systems work. The tank in the airing cupboard was a tall (6ft) enamaled smooth tank if that helps.

Can anyone advise me what type of system this is and if possible give me an idea as to how they work ie. what heats what?

Cheers

Robert

Sponsored Links
I would guess that the boiler heats the house radiators.

It sounds as if the hot water is provided by a cylinder with an integral gas heater. Look on the internet for similar models made by Andrews, State etc.

They are very good if you have the space but are more often used in cleaning shops and launderettes and restaurants. However they are not condensing so a bit more expensive to run and most are not room sealed so you need an air vent to the outside.

Tony

Thanks for the info Tony.

I will search around the net tonight.

I wonder if the central heating cover from the links of British Gas would charge extra with there being in affect 2 boilers to cover? Anyone come across this?

Cheers

Robert

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back