Type of door between internal garage and room

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Is it ok to use an a double door set (internal FD30 door) between an internal garage and a playroom?

One door shop said I should use external doors because of moisture etc and the door won't last more than six months. Other shops said it'll be fine.

We plan to use the garage for our car so opening and closing will be the norm.

Sponsored Links
Im not sure what part is not clear. The question is "Is it ok to install an internal 44mm FD30 door between a room in the house and the garage" or is it advisable to use external doors because of the fact that the main garage door opening and closing could result in moisture ruining the door.

Sponsored Links
Your front door opens and closes far more often than the garage door and has no ill effect on the internal doors, so yes it will be fine.

That is a good point, I never thought of it that way. I suppose he was incorporating the fact that the garage is not heated and will be more cold with a wider opening and not be as insulated as the front of the house/door.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back