Type of heating system ?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello,

Im new to this site and require your help please.

Im currently building a story and a half house approx 2560sq ft. I am looking to install solar panels to heat hot domestic hot water and part of the central heating. The heating will also be backed up with a multi fuel boiler stove. I am installing underfloor heating upstairs and downstairs as i have a slab floor upstairs.

Can this be done ?

What type of system do i require ?

Can anyone recommend types of cylinders etc ?

I am trying to keep costs down cos im getting married soon as well however if this is an expensive option I will put in the required cash.

Your help would be greatly appreciated,

Brian.

Thanks.

Sponsored Links
Yes, I'm not an expert on this; however I was looking into solar panels a few months ago. I'm trying to find the link...but what I read was the UV from the solar panel heats the water and the boiler tops it up.

I believe this would work for central heating, hot water and under floor heating.

There was one cylinder and boiler that really stood out...I will try and find it for you.

Hektor

Yes this is possible, to allow you to do this you will need a thermal store/buffer tank, this allows the solar to heat the hot water and the heating, it also allows the integration of other heat sources, if you email me I have a diagram of how to put this all together

Where are your email account details ?

Only joined today still getting the hang of this system,

Thanks to both of you for your help,

Brian.

Sponsored Links
Have you considered using an oil boiler ?
This is one I have installed for a client. Its a Grant.(I think) Its just been fired up and going like a song. The guy hopes to moves in soon and with winter approaching he wanted his underfloor heating system up and running.
Just needs a tarpaulin to prevent water ingress.

cheapinstallpr8.jpg

All is running sweet after 4 hours. Still seems like chilled water on the return though. :(

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back