Which central heating system

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi i am in the process of moving house my current home is heated by a multi fuel stove which does the hot water and central heating and is pretty good at it. The new house needs a new boiler but has mains gas. The house has a hot water tank. I am thinking of definitely having a stove to do heating and water but also having a gas boiler or alternative such as a wood pellet system. I don't know a great deal about wood pellet systems but gas is only going up and up in cost! Any suggestions what would long term be efficient to run. I do have access to quite a large amount of free wood hence wanting a multi fuel stove and they look nice. I presume maybe a system that can switch between the stove and a boiler would be possible but not sure what fuel source this other boiler should be run on.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back