Type of resin needed

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I am building a 2 storey extension to the gable end of my house,I want to fix a 50x150 joist along the legnth if the existing gable(to carry the joist hangers) i intend to drill through the joist and resin the bolts in. That type of resin should i be using? and where can i buy it. Dont think B nQ does that type of thing. thanks

Sponsored Links
they stock sika resin in mine, they don't however stock the gun?? maybe your local is cleverer than mine and worked out selling one without the other is a little daft.

Forget resin. Rattle Fischer FWA 12x150 Through bolts in. Same size hole through timber and brickwork. 450mm centres, stagger, one up, one down. Dont put bolt where hanger will be. Saves all that time measuring up and fadding around. Screwfix sell them.
Regards oldun

Sponsored Links
theoldun";p="2117378 said:
Forget resin. Rattle Fischer FWA 12x150 Through bolts in. Same size hole through timber and brickwork. 450mm centres, stagger, one up, one down. Dont put bolt where hanger will be. Saves all that time measuring up and fadding around. Screwfix sell them.
Rega
Screw the timber to the wall first. then after you fit your timbers. Drill for your through bolts.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back