type of shower to put in

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hey I wonderd what type of shower I could put in my hot water is feed by a hot water cylinder. Could I put a bar shower in?

Sponsored Links
you can use all most any mixer.
maybe bit low on pressure etc and probably do better with a pump aswell.

would I be beter with electric then with it not beging instantanous hot water?

How easy is it for an electrian to put a supply in for an electric shower i.e do they need to run a supply back to the consumer unit?

Sponsored Links
How easy is it for an electrian to put a supply in for an electric shower i.e do they need to run a supply back to the consumer unit?

yes right back to consumer.

electric showers are last results for me can't beat a good mixer etc.

what are you planing on spending on a descent shower ?
you can always go for a digital shower has the pump already built into the unit.
stick it in the loft or airing cupboard
wireless remote on bathroom wall and a nice rain shower from the ceiling.
or wall mounted shower head.
no pipework to be concealed in wall etc.

will spend as much as need to get a good so our we saying would cost alot to get an electrician in? was thnking electric as then wouldnt have to have immersion on for 30mintues befor having a shower

not knowing distance to consumer etc would be hard to say a price
easy just to get a few quotes from local elecys then they can see the job.

If you want a good shower, forget electrically heated ones. Their flow rate is about 4 litres per minute
If you put a modest pump on your cylinder (all things assumed to be normal) you should get 3 - 4 times that . It won't reheat as fast as you can pump it out though - electric ones run forever.

A common solution is a "power shower" which is a misapplied name, but usually means a box with a pump and a mixer in it, like say a Mira Event.

thanks for your advice. Are u saying because I have a cylinder I would need a pump to the hot to put a mixer shower in? Or would it be ok without seen some mixers that say they can run off as low as 0.1bar

thanks for your advice. Are u saying because I have a cylinder I would need a pump to the hot to put a mixer shower in? Or would it be ok without seen some mixers that say they can run off as low as 0.1bar

some can but they can't take the skin off rice pudding.
if you use a pump you need to pump both hot/cold.

don't place the hot on a pump and cold mains it causes problems

unless you use a trevi boost which uses cold mains to pull the hot water through at mains pressure.

seco services just one more question do plumbers usualy fit mixer showers when the hot water has been heated from an imergian. I.e needing to put the immersion on for abit before you get shower. Thanks for your help

we/they fit showers on any type of system.

when you say you have an immersion heated cylinder is the cold feed
from a tank in the loft or above the cylinder ?

it's not a cylinder like this is it ?
fortic.jpg

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back