Tyre

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have a 07 Zafira which as no spare,been out this morning and I have a flat tyre,obviously with no spare there is no jack or spanner to take the wheel off,the local tyre garage is only 500 yrds away,I think it has run flat tyres on it,is it best to get them to come down or can I drive it there with not to much damage.

Sponsored Links
Go and ask them, it would be quicker than logging onto a website and waiting for a reply from a keyboard warrior?

:rolleyes:

Andy

It may well be but seeing as they are not open,I thought I might ask here,you never know someone with more knowledge that you obviously carry might post,thanks any way,you have a good day now.

Sponsored Links
We still remain pretty civilised where not much open's on a Sunday apart from the multi nationals.

If the tyre is marked as a run flat then by all means drive it slowly to the tyre repair shop......if it isn't a RF and its truly completely flat then you run the risk of forcing the tyre off the rim or damaging its internal walls.
If the tyre isn't off the rim anywhere, you may just get enough air in with a foot pump just to give you that extra piece of mind.
Do they really not include a wheel brace or a jack these days :eek: Jeez thats ridiculous.
John :)

yep most new cars now do not come with a spare,but comes with a stand alone compressor and tyre weld compound,which itself has a best before date on.
all in the name of weight saving etc.

my 1 concern is when you clip a kerb and it takes a bloody great piece out of the side wall,THIS STUFF JUST WONT WORK.

and i wonder how long it will be before the breakdown chappys refuse to come out to you,
im sure its wriiten in there small print that you must have a serviceable spare wheel/tyre to be fitted if and when the need arises??.

Unusually for me, I haven't done any checking on that one (Audi A1 on a 61 plate).
I believe there's a space saver listed, but the battery is in the way - clever, that :p
John :)

Sponsored Links
Back