tyrolean advice needed

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi
I need a little bit of advice regarding tryolean, which I can't find anywhere.

After you have applied the scratch coat, and the second coat, do you then wait for the second coat to dry before you apply the tryolean finish, or you do apply the tyrolean finish on top of the second coat straight after you have applied it before it has set.

I can't find this answer anywhere.

Thanks for you help

Sponsored Links
Hi'
After having applied the scratch coat and the second coat,allow this to dry out completely before you put on the tyrolean finish. I'm talking a couple of days minimum.You want the render to be as dry as possible to have some suction to allow for the build up of the finish. When you apply the t/finish itself,don't overload any one area,keep the tyrolean machine on the move all the time, the same as a paint sprayer does.Start at the top and work your way across the wall from side to side,coming down as you go.When each coat has steadied up a bit,repeat the process again and again, until you have the desired finish.DON'T OVERLOAD EACH COAT.You can always put more on but if you overload it will run and you will ruin the job Stir the mix occasionally as you go ,otherwise it will settle in the bucket or machine.A good dry day,with not too much hot sun is perfect weather for this job,(if there is such a day)you don't want it to dry out too quickly. It can be messy though so cover up windows,doors,anything you don't want to be coated.

Roughcaster

Hi
thanks for your advice :) will let you know how we get on! just now have to wait for some dry days.
Sharon

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back