UCEM multipoint deadbolt stuck

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all.

There been a few break-ins by us recently so i thought it would be a good idea to replace the budget cylinder in the door with a decent anti snap one. I removed it to measure, however in doing so, the bottom deadlock no longer seems to be operating.

I'm hoping that it's just slipped out of alignment and if I remove the metal strip I'll be able to sort it, however if it's unlikely I'd rather not make it worse than it is. Am I better off getting someone out to sort it out is it a simple fix?

Thanks.

Attachments

• IMG-20181019-WA0001.jpg
    IMG-20181019-WA0001.jpg
    190.4 KB · Views: 85
Sponsored Links
If the mech is gone then unlikely to be repairable but never hurts to take it out lube it up (silicone or graphite spray) and put it back. You cant make it any worse.

While its out look for any markings, codes and take photos. Have a quick Google on how to measure the PZ and the backset.
If it has codes on it should be easy to find a replacement on ebay, If no codes it can get tricky

Thanks. Will try and take it off tomorrow and have a look. I think something has slipped out of alignment as the top one isn't coming out fully as well. Just annoying as it was fine until I started messing with it. Just worried I'll make it worse and end up with a door that won't lock at all. Looks like a complete new UCEM set is about £100. Can't seem to find a manual or anything on line though to give a clue as to what ill find when I get it off.

Its highly unlikely changing the cylinder did anything, Just bad timing I expect.

Sponsored Links
Finally got round to thinking about sorting this but since posting about it about 5 neighbours have replaced their doors so figured I may as well join them as it's dropped on its hinges and is hard to open.

New door has been ordered.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back