UFH Help!

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I'm planning an extension which will be about 4m by 7m. This will combine with an existing room to create a large open plan area of approx 8m by 7m. I would like to have a water based UFH system installed.

For the 'newly built' half of the room it seems quite straight forward to specify UFH insulated and built into the screed. For the existing area I imagine digging down through the existing concrete uninsulated floor will be both time consuming and expensive. I'm also concerned about how long it would take for the screed to dry before I can finish with natural stone tiles.

What are my options? Or am I unduly concerned about the amount of work involved in lowering the floor by 100mm or so?

Sponsored Links
Screed will take about 1mm/2mm per day to dry, leave it to cure naturally.

Never use the UFH to dry out screed, this would only have an adverse effect.

Only when the screed has fully dried out do you then turn on the UFH. Start with water temperature at 25°c, topping up 2°c up daily, till the optimum temperature of 45°c, for solid screeds.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back