UFH not working. I need to service it.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all - Just moved into a different property and UFH is not working. Can anybody please identify the make of the system? Uponor says it isn't theirs.
Thanks in advance for any help.
Uponor 4 port?.jpg

Sponsored Links
Cant tell very much from that pic unfortunately, what blending valve is on it? No makers marks I presume? No zone controls either?

Hi All - since discovered that it is a Kamo Stainless Steel manifold - and they no longer make this model or spares. So now looking for another manufacturers flow meter that will fit and do the job. Unfortunately it appears that the thread is 3/4 inch as the fixing hole in the manifold is about 1 inch. Anybody know of a plumbers merchants that has old stock or a flow meter that will do the job? I have Googled high and low without success.
TIA

Attachments

• FlowMeasure.jpg
    FlowMeasure.jpg
    180.6 KB · Views: 23
Sponsored Links
what makes you think that the flow meters are the problem and that replacing them will make the UFH work again?

System was working a year ago when I 1st viewed. Now you cant even adjust flow rate. Marker stays in same position when you try to adjust.Water pump was replaced and is fed by an electric Heatrae Sadia.

Forget what the flow meter says, do the flow pipes get warm when the system is active?

Does anything happen when you move the pins in and out on the bottom manifold with the system on?

If that's water stuck in the sight glass of the flow meter in your pic then the flow meter may be gunged. You can strip flow meters down though and give it a good clean out. Unscrew the sight glass etc and manipulate the spindle up and down and clean through the flow channels, go easy and be careful not to damage the spindle and spring.

I cannot remove the sight glass. Its either stuck or is not removable. All the flow meters are the same.

According to REHAU, the balancing and flow adjustment is done by turning the square headed screws under the thermoheads, not by turning the flow meters - see screenshot attached (which shows the manifold before the thermoheads are fitted.)

Attachments

• Screenshot 2023-11-29 095001.jpg
    Screenshot 2023-11-29 095001.jpg
    62 KB · Views: 23
I cannot remove the sight glass
That is a surprise, they are all usually removeable.

Looking through there are a number of 1" manifolds but none seem to offer a 3/4" meter. You may be able to get clever and use adapters to transition to the more standard 1/2" meters. You'd need to confirm the tapping size though.

1701260318559.png

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back