UFH pump not working - no heat!

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, I have Grundfos UPS2 25-40/60 130 circulating pump installed about 5years ago attached near the manifold for the underfloor heating system which is currently not working. There is no green light showing on the pump, though there is electric power to the pump. Do I need a new pump or is it possibly the circuit board that is faulty. All looks fine with the wiring centre.

Last winter one of the ufh zone's thermostat was troublesome .. When I turned the thermostat dial on for heat, the red light would go on, then immediately go out and and then go back on a bit later and then off again.. The thermostat has now been replaced. I am thinking that this may be connected to the pump failure but that's just a guess.

Any help is appreciated.

Sponsored Links
How do you know there’s power, have you tested? If so how?

Yes I tested voltage to the pump using multimeter. Once a zone requests heat, the actuator is activated and 230v is made available from the wiring centre to the pump

Sponsored Links
check that 230v is at the pump connections. it could just be loose wire at the pump end

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back