UFH Regulators not adjusting (cold room)

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
HI,
My system has been flawless for the last 7 years and is a mixed UFH downstairs and rads upstairs. Heating source is an ASHP an Emmeti FMU2 manifold. Each room has a thermostat, wired to the control unit, which then powers the actuators. All that seems to be working and I can see the control lights come up when there's demand for power. The actuators are rather slow to respond, but I'm assuming that's normal.

My main issue is that for the last few months, the regulators which used to show 2-3 lp/m, are now all showing near zero. They have not been adjusted.

The system is running at @2 bar which I increased as I thought it could be low pressure causing low flow. If I fully open or close a regulator, the spring / gauge doesn't seem to shift, suggesting that there's not enough flow. All of this has resulted in two of the lesser used rooms being very cold, but there's not enough to play with to rebalance things.

Is pressure directly related to flow and what could be causing this 'loss' from the regulator gauge, which used to read 2-3, but now down to zero.

The ASHP seems to run fine and the motorised valves all seem to move freely. It errors every few weeks with H62 (Dimplex ASHP) which is related to a flow error, which may be related to the above. It only happens during cold periods when the UFH is in demand.

Is there any more information you may need to help me diagnose this, please let me know, but any pointers gratefully received.

Cheers
Pete

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back