UFH Set up, components required

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi All,

Can you please have a look at my set up and recommend any missing electronic components.
Im trying do install a DIY UFH kit in my new extension. So far I have the pipes laid and screened over, pipes connected to a manifold. The manifold has 3 circuits each controlled by electronic actuators.

From the combi boiler the flow is split with one pipe going to service rads and the other to the UFH. The flow connects to a blending valve then a UFH pump and then the manifold.

The return goes via the blending value, connecting to the flow from the rads back to the boiler. The boiler is a vaillant ecotec with VRC 430 weather compensator.

None of the electronics have been wired up yet.

My questions are do I need a motorised 2 port value prior to the blending valve?
Do I need a motorised 2 port value anywhere else?
Do I need a pipe overheat thermostat on ufh circuit to shut off pump?

I know I am missing one component to wire all electronic components together the actuators, pump (2port valve if required), ufh thermostat and
boiler, is it just a danfloss wiring centre?

Finally do I need anything else to get my ufh circuit running independently of the rads circuit? Just trying to figure out how this all hangs together before I call the experts in. I have a electrician who will wire it altogether if I can tell him how it all hangs together.

thanks for any help.
Adrian

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back