UFH supplier

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
can anyone recommend a supplier for UFH gear? There seems to be a lot around and difficult to compare pricing!

Thanks

Sponsored Links
Ambiente of Welwyn. I've stopped using Nuheat because of price and leaky blenders.
Was trying to remember who you used the other day - NuHeat are a bit on the pricey side, although their customer service is good. Needed a cheaper system for a job I was doing, will look Ambiente up

Sponsored Links
Thanks for those. I've submitted plans to both - will be interesting to see what comes back!

Just a quick update. I submitted quote requests to four companies in the end:

Ambiente (https://ambienteufh.co.uk/)- the quote took two days and so far the most expensive! ~£450 more than closest quote so far, for similar setup.
UK Underfloor Heating (http://www.ukunderfloorheating.co.uk/) - same day quote, good price but don't seem quite so professional as the others so far.
Continental (https://www.ufh.co.uk/), same day quote and also a very good price. They also supply CAD drawings etc.

Still waiting from NuHeat - two days and counting...

Last edited:
Ambiente won't be the cheapest.... There's loads of companies out there that sell crap pipe and manifolds.

I'm comparing my first hand experiences.

Will be interested to see the comparison to Nu Heat though.

Not necessarily going for cheapest - actually I had it wrong (must be because it's the end of the week!) Ambiente is currently top price by £450 not £1000. They have quoted for Groundfos manifolds etc though.

Once I've got all the quotes, I'll look through them properly to see which one looks best

Nuheat are their direct competitors. Not sure what blending valves they're using now, hopefully not the reliance ones.

Last edited:
Using Ambiente on a couple of big jobs at the moment. Carlson is very helpful and a jolly nice chap. I live 5 mins from them so went for a face to face. They're a very large organisation and the backup that comes with that is essential.

Using Ambiente on a couple of big jobs at the moment. Carlson is very helpful and a jolly nice chap. I live 5 mins from them so went for a face to face. They're a very large organisation and the backup that comes with that is essential.

Had a minor cock up on a job when a stubby got the manifolds the wrong way round (not used Ambiente before). Jason came down and picked the bits from the warehouse for me there and then.

Not quite as close as you D, but handily on my way to Laaaandan should there be a problem.

Nuheat to be fair always delivered quickly when something was urgent, regardless of blame. But having all the bits within range of base and work eliminating the need for couriers is good. Think we've got the go ahead for another 500 metre job today so will be sending them the drawings.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back