UFH with or without tank?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I currently have a Valliant combi to which I'm going to add UFH system to. So my question is if I wanted an efficient system, would it be better to have an unvented cylinder installed and have the UFH run of that?

Sponsored Links
I thought I saw a hot water tank on display in the plumbers merchant the other week that had an UFH outlet but I might have been mistaken in that case :(

So running the UFH directly off the combi is fine and works well? the pipes will be going down in a screed.

Thanks

If it's piped properly yes.

You were looking at a thermal store.

UFH is a very expensive thing to screw the installation of up. I suggest a bit of extra research.

Sponsored Links
At least it is very cheap to screw up the installation of UFH.

It is putting it right that is expensive!

I once went under the boiler maker's warranty and found a DIY UFH system.

Trouble was they had no idea how to do it and had laid about 110 m of 10 mm copper tube in carefully cut out plywood and then tiled all over it before testing it.

Not surprisingly the heat loss of the copper tube meant that the temperature of the UFH tube was already at room temperature after only a few metres. There was no easy to solve the problem apart from a completely new installation.

I don't understand what you mean tony. Many questions come to mind.

I once went under the boiler maker's warranty and found a DIY UFH system.
baisi use.png

UFH is eaily bo//ocked up.

Trouble was they had no idea how to do it and had laid about 110 m of 10 mm copper tube in carefully cut out plywood and then tiled all over it before testing it.

Not surprisingly the heat loss of the copper tube meant that the temperature of the UFH tube was already at room temperature after only a few metres[/QUOTE]

I don't think so some how.

110 meters of 10mm copper pipe in a coil? Who sells such a thing? Anyone know?
Insulate or not

Think it was a typo,or the medication needs a review.

Last edited by a moderator:

Not surprisingly the heat loss of the copper tube meant that the temperature of the UFH tube was already at room temperature after only a few metres. There was no easy to solve the problem apart from a completely new installation.
Not surprisingly to who? Those first few metres must have been literally red hot to dissipate around 2kw of heat in that short distance! And the steam in the pipes must have been pretty much stationary.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back