Ugly edge to my driveway

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
2016-08-07 21.34.05.jpg

Hi guys, just wanted to post my driveway restoration plans to see if anyone has any ideas better than mine.

Basically I've removed the top 2" of decorative gravel from my drive and am going to replace it with new gravel. However, before I do that I want to fix the edge course of the brick paving which hasn't been haunced. I've also realised how ugly the boundary at the footpath is! There's 13 feet of kerb bricks (10cm wide 20mm long and 10cm deep) and then 17 feet of 2" concrete edging which seems to be well haunched in.

The current plan is to lift the 13 feet of kerb bricks and put down 30 feet of brand new kerb bricks. It'll be a lot of work so if anyone has any better ideas now would be the time for me to hear them.

Thanks!

Sponsored Links
I would check with the highways people that those edgings are not their responsibility. They may even come and replace for you! Although, it looks like you've only a partial dropped kerb, so they may not be happy about you driving over the footpath.

Thanks Hugh, I'm pretty sure the edgings are all mine. That partial drop kerb is a real pain. You can't see it in the photo but around 2 feet of the drop kerb is actually in front of my neighbours hedge!

Possible they had to get a certain width in to satisfy the spec, but then were concerned about vehicles driving over the BT pit cover, so simply moved the whole thing sideways.... Not very practical to use, but at least they cant get blamed by BT for a broken cover!

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back