UK inflation 80% caused by brexit

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
A leading economist says:

“The who backs the Peterson institute for international economics in Washington, a prominent research group, said that 80% of the reason why International Monetary Fund expects Britains inflation to remain elevated for longer than it’s group of seven peers is the impact of its departure from the European Union”

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/arti...-80-of-u-k-inflation-former-boe-official-says

Sponsored Links
So what's the reason for those countries in the EU that have higher inflation than the UK?

67BB6C8C-5473-456A-838E-B96013044116.png

Government ministers seem to recognise this (from the Grauniad):

“On a visit to the Eurotunnel terminal at Folkestone, hi-vis gilet over his double-breasted suit, Rees-Mogg announced that the government was delaying yet again the imposition of post-Brexit border checks on imports from the EU. He asked the public to celebrate this decision, on the grounds that it would save £1bn a year and help hard-pressed consumers by avoiding an increase in the cost of imported food. Enforcing post-Brexit checks, said the minister, “would have been an act of self-harm”.

Blup

“The who backs the Peterson institute for international economics in Washington, a prominent research group, said that 80% of the reason why International Monetary Fund expects Britains inflation to remain elevated for longer than it’s group of seven peers is the impact of its departure from the European Union”

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/arti...-80-of-u-k-inflation-former-boe-official-says

I can't see those words in the link you provide. I see these words:

"The economist who heads the Peterson Institute for International Economics in Washington, a prominent research group, said that 80% of the reason why the International Monetary Fund expects Britain’s inflation to remain elevated for longer than its Group of Seven peers is the impact of its departure from the European Union on immigration".

Tut tut. Have you gone back to fabricating quotes again Notch?

Sponsored Links

Everyone was aware their would be short term pain with the hope of long term gain. The surprise for me is how well we are doing so far (I have never been a fan of brexit)

"The economist who heads the Peterson Institute for International Economics in Washington, a prominent research group, said that 80% of the reason why the International Monetary Fund expects Britain’s inflation to remain elevated for longer than its Group of Seven peers is the impact of its departure from the European Union on immigration".

no my ipab would cut n paste so I ad to type it -so didnt get it verbatum my apologies

Attachments

• upload_2022-5-13_7-45-38.png
    upload_2022-5-13_7-45-38.png
    417 KB · Views: 40
Everyone was aware their would be short term pain with the hope of long term gain. The surprise for me is how well we are doing so far (I have never been a fan of brexit)
there is no long term gain

nothing

diddly squat

and the article does not show "short term gain for long term gain"

We arent doing well, we are doing sh1t -the govt and its billionaire media have hidden most of the brexit damage

Tell me Munroast how do you think brexit which will benefit the rich and wealthy only will be of any benefit to the UK???

have a read of the liars and cheats behind brexit:

https://www.desmog.com/55-tufton-street/

no my ipab would cut n paste so I ad to type it -so didnt get it verbatum my apologies

So basically you made it up and presented it as a quote. No change there then. :whistle:

So what's the reason for those countries in the EU that have higher inflation than the UK?

Please read the article, the figures show UK is doing worse than EU countries

"Posen also cited foreign direct investment, or FDI, as a weakness for the U.K. He noted the IMF’s diagnosis that part of why Britain will lag its G-7 peers on growth in 2023 is reduced FDI and said Britain is unlikely to ever return to levels reached in the 1990s and 2000s. Those, Posen said, were “thrown away in large part by Brexit and the corroding of the global economy.”"

So, you made it up then and presented it as a quote. Busted! :whistle:
what I posted doesnt change its meaning

so your weak effort at a strawman deflection has failed

why are you so desperate to avoid discussing the content of the article....oh thats right because you voted for brexit and it is sh1t

The figures don't lie no matter how many times you spout your rubbish.
Every metric shows Brexit is utter sh1t

and if you read the article you would discover it’s based on evidence and fact.

Brexit has put a massive trade barrier between the U.K. and our biggest and nearest trade partner.

only a thicko wouldn’t be able to understand that is very damaging.

Sponsored Links
Back